close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Animal Control

For information regarding Animal Control such as loose livestock, animal abuse concerns, etc. occurring within the City of Emmett and Gem County, please contact Gem County Sheriff’s Dispatch at (208) 365-3521.

Gem County does not license dogs or cats.  However, more than 4 dogs of 6 months in age or older requires a Special Use Permit (Kennel).

For more information regarding Special Use Permits (Kennel), please contact Gem County Development Services at (208) 365-5144.

For more information regarding Pet Licenses, please contact Emmett City Clerk at (208)365-6050