- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a resident of Idaho and Gem County for thirty (30) days preceding the election
- Have reached eighteen (18) years of age
- Convicted of a felony and your rights have not been restored.
You need to register again if you have:
- Changed your name
- Moved to a different address
- Not voted within the last four (4) years
You may register to vote online at: https://idahovotes.gov/.
You may also register to vote by completing a Voter Registration Card and mailing it or in person at:
Gem County Clerk
Gem County Courthouse
415 E. Main St. Room 202
Emmett, ID 83617
Monday through Friday
8:00am – 5:00pm
Registration is subject to dates on the Current Local Elections Calendar
SAME DAY REGISTRATION
In Idaho we also have same day registration, which gives you the privilege to register on Election Day. In order to register and vote on Election Day you must:
- Appear in person
- Have a photo ID and proof of 30-day residency such as a:
- Drivers license
- Idaho ID card
- Any document which contains a valid address in the precinct you reside with a picture ID card.
NOTE: When going to the polls to vote, you will need to have a state or federal issued photo ID.
Call the Clerk’s Office at (208) 365-4561 if you have questions.